Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot on the set ofWonder Woman 1984(2020).Photo: Clay Enos/ Warner Bros./Courtesy Everett Collection

Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot

The future ofGal Gadot’s Wonder Woman seems to be in jeopardy as multiple outlets report that new DC Studios leadership decided not to move forward with the character’s third standalone film.

In October,The Suicide SquadandGuardians of the Galaxydirector James Gunn and producer Peter Safran were announced as the new co-CEOs of DC Studios, formerly known as DC Films.

As they steer the ship for the future of DC’s superhero franchises on film and television, it’s been reported their visions aren’t aligned withWonder Womandirector Patty Jenkins: On Wednesday,The Hollywood Reporter,citing multiple sources, said the execs shot down her script treatment for a third movie, a followup to 2020’sWonder Woman 1984.

According to multiple sources,THRreports thatWonder Woman 3is “not moving forward” at the moment with Jenkins' ideas for a sequel. (Variety,DeadlineandIndieWirealso published similar reports.)

The outlets added that Gunn and Safran have a meeting soon with Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav to pitch their map for the future of DC Studios. It’s unclear whether that means a complete reboot with new castings, or just a different direction with existing cast members, report the outlets.

A spokesperson for Warner Bros. did not respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

Gunn, 56, responded to the reports on Twitter Thursday,writingthat “some of it is true, some of it is half-true, some of it is not true, & some of it we haven’t decided yet whether it’s true or not.” He added that “building the next ten years of story takes time & we’re still just beginning,” and that they plan to “build upon what has worked in DC so far & to help rectify what has not.”

“We know we are not going to make every single person happy every step of the way, but we can promise everything we do is done in the service of the STORY & in the service of the DC CHARACTERS we know you cherish and we have cherished our whole lives,” added Gunn.

‘Wonder Woman 1984’

Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE’s free weekly newsletterto get the biggest news of the week delivered to your inbox every Friday.

He continued, “As for more answers about the future of the DCU, I will sadly have to ask you to wait. We are giving these characters & the stories the time & attention they deserve & we ourselves still have a lot more questions to ask & answer.”

Gadot, 37, who was cast as Diana Prince, aka Wonder Woman, nine years ago this week, wrote on Instagram days before the reports broke that she “can’t wait to share her next chapter” of the character with fans. She debuted as the character in 2016’sBatman v. SupermanoppositeBen Affleckand Henry Cavill.

She added, “I’ve been so grateful for the opportunity to play such an incredible, iconic character and more than anything I’m grateful for YOU. The fans. The most amazing, warm, loving fans in the world. I’m still pinching myself to see if I will wake up.”

Warner Bros. announced back in December 2020 that anotherWonder Womansequel was in the worksthat will “conclude the long-planned theatrical trilogy.”

RELATED VIDEO: Jason Momoa TeasesBen AffleckMay Return as Batman: ‘Bruce and Arthur’ Are ‘Busted on Set’

Earlier this week, the studio confirmed that it moved up the theatrical release date one week of the already-filmed Ezra MillerThe Flashmovie. It now comes out June 16. Back in August, the debuts of other DC filmsShazam!: Fury of the GodsandAquaman and the Lost Kingdomwere delayed to March 17 and Dec. 25, 2023, respectively.

News of restructuring within DC also comes after Superman actor Cavill said on Instagram thathe would reprise the roleafter making a cameo in Dwayne Johnson’sBlack Adammovie that came out in October. “Thank you for your patience, it will be rewarded,” he told fans on social media. No official announcement has been made on futureMan of Steelmovies. Affleck’s Batman shows up in the upcomingFlashmovie.

source: people.com